Wheeling Park District Outdoor Aquatic Center
327 W. Dundee Road, Wheeling, IL 60090
For a memorable experience – just add water!
Be COOL All Summer Long!
OUTDOOR FAMILY AQUATIC CENTER
"Home of Willie the Whale"
Aquatic Center Amenities:
- Tsunami Splash (Water Playground with Large Tipping Bucket)
- Lily Pad Lagoon (Splash Pool with Water Basketball and Monkey Bar Activity Pad)
- Volcano Valley (Tube and Body Slides)
- Paradise Falls (Two Drop Slides)
- Willie the Whale Toddler Slide
- Aloha Beach (Zero Depth Entry Main Pool)
- Lap Lanes
- Kona Courts (Sand Volleyball)
- Grassy Tanning Area
- Willie's Coconut Café
- Picnic Area
- Diving Board
- Keiki Island (Sandplay area)
- Spacious Locker Rooms
- The Park District reserves the right to close the Aquatic Center due to inclement weather, air temperatures below 68 degrees, Thorguard lightning system alarm is acitvated, or due to lack of attendance.
- Children 10 yrs and younger must be supervised by an adult 17 yrs or older.
- Aquatic Center staff are not a replacement for appropriate adult supervision. Their job is to ensure aquatic safety for all patrons. Please be sure to watch children at all times.
- Swimmers must be dressed in lined swimwear. Street clothes are not permitted in the water.
- Infants or toddlers wearing diapers will not be allowed entrance into facility without plastic diaper covers or swim diapers. Swim diapers are available for purchase at the facility.
- Outside food or beverages may not be brought into the facility.
- Only Coast Guard approved flotation devices are permitted and only in designated areas.
- Masks covering noses and snorkels are not permitted.
- Smoking is prohibited inside the Aquatic Center gates.