Hybrid Learning Extended Care
The Wheeling Park District is working with Community Consolidated School District 21 to provide extended care for families with children in Grades K-5 who attend District 21 AM or PM Hybrid In-Person Learning.
Hybrid Learning Extended Care is available before and after Hybrid In-Person Learning at the Community Recreation Center (CRC) where students
engage in structured activities such as homework time, physical fitness, games, arts and crafts and other fun. Highly-qualified staff
are hired, trained and supervised by the Wheeling Park District. Every staff members is CPR/AED and first-aid certified.
District 21 busses students in AM Hybrid Learning to the CRC for extended care; students in PM Hybrid Learning must be dropped off at the
CRC for morning extended care and District 21 provides bus service to their home schools for Hybrid Learning.
Once registration is received, parents are e-mailed a Parent Handbook containing pertinent information and policies and procedures regarding the program.
For Students Attending District 21 PM Hybrid Learning:
- Extended Care provided Monday - Friday, or Monday/Wednesday/Friday, 8:30 am -12:30 pm (Please contact Bella Licciardello if you require different days.)
- Students must be dropped off at the CRC.
- District 21 provides bus service to each student's school for PM Hybrid Learning.
- An early drop-off option is available starting at 7:00 am.
For Students Attending District 21 AM Hybrid Learning:
- Extended Care provided Monday - Friday, or Monday/Wednesday/Friday, 11:30 am-3:30 pm (Please contact Bella Licciardello if you require different days.)
- District 21 provides bus service to the CRC for Extended Care.
- Students must be picked up after Extended Care at the CRC.
- A late pick-up option is available until 5:30 pm.
Calendar of Operation
The Hybrid Learning Extended Care program follows the District 21 school calendar of student attendance days.
- Click here to download the fillable registration form or register online.
- Register today! Space is limited.
- If your child has not been assigned a "Team Time" (AM or PM) but intends on using the Wheeling Park District Extended Care program, please contact us to reserve your space.
Questions + Additional Information
For questions, please contact Recreation Services Manager Bella Licciardello at 847-465-2940 or email@example.com.
For more information on available scholarships, please call 847-465-3333.