Before & After School
Children In Action
Children In Action (CIA) is the Wheeling Park District before- and after-school care program for children in grades K-5 who attend Twain, Tarkington, Field, and Whitman schools. Operating through a partnership with School District 21, the program is offered every school attendance day at Tarkington and Field schools.
- Twain and Whitman students in before-care must be dropped off at Field School in the morning. They are bused to their home schools for the school day. Twain and Whitman students in after-school care are bused to Field School and should be picked up there.
- CIA offers unique entertainment opportunities including cooking, games, crafts, and sports! A light morning snack and afternoon snack are provided each day.
- Register for two, three, four, or five days each week. A permanent schedule and monthly payment plan is set up for each family’s convenience. Or, purchase a Punch-Card to use on an as-needed, drop-in basis. (See information below.)
- A non-refundable registration fee of $50 per child is required.
2016 Parent Manual
Punch Card Information Form
Schedule Change Form
Medication Dispensing Form
|Before-school care (7-9 AM)||$7.50|
|After-school care (3:30-6 PM)||$10|
This payment option for Children in Action is available to all users. For current participants, the system is a convenient and easy method of adding days to the permanent schedule as needed. The Punch-Card option also permits those who are not on a permanent schedule to use before- and after-care on an as-needed, drop-in basis. While the permanent program remains the most affordable option, the Punch-Card accommodates last-minute changes.
School Days Off
- A variety of fun on-site activities at the CRC including games, sports, and crafts
- Bring a sack lunch and drink
- Additional snacks provided
Half Days of School
- On-site activities at the CRC
- Pizza lunch and entertainment provided
- Half-day participants who attend Tarkington, Twain, Field, or Whitman schools are bused from school to the CRC.
Winter and Spring Break Camps
Sign up for exciting days of games, sports, activities, and crafts on extended school breaks.
- Bring a lunch and water bottle each day
- Light morning and afternoon snacks provided
- Sign up for as many days as you like, or for the entire week and save!