Before & After School
Children In Action
Children In Action (CIA) is the Wheeling Park District before- and after-school care program for children in grades K-5 who attend Twain, Tarkington, Field, and Whitman schools. Operating through a partnership with School District 21, the program is offered every school attendance day at Tarkington and Field schools.
- Twain and Whitman students in before-care must be dropped off at Field School in the morning. They are bused to their home schools for the school day. Twain and Whitman students in after-school care are bused to Field School and should be picked up there.
- CIA offers unique entertainment opportunities including cooking, games, crafts, and sports! A light morning snack and afternoon snack are provided each day.
- Register for two, three, four, or five days each week. A permanent schedule and monthly payment plan is set up for each family’s convenience. Or, purchase a Punch-Card to use on an as-needed, drop-in basis. (See information below.)
- A non-refundable registration fee of $50 per child is required.
2018 Parent Manual
Punch Card Information Form
Schedule Change Form
Medication Dispensing Form
|Before-school care (7-9 AM)||$7.50|
|After-school care (3:30-6 PM)||$10|
This payment option for Children in Action is available to all users. For current participants, the system is a convenient and easy method of adding days to the permanent schedule as needed. The Punch-Card option also permits those who are not on a permanent schedule to use before- and after-care on an as-needed, drop-in basis. While the permanent program remains the most affordable option, the Punch-Card accommodates last-minute changes.
School Days Off
- A variety of fun on-site activities at the CRC including games, sports, and crafts
- Bring a sack lunch and drink
- Additional snacks provided
Half Days of School
- On-site activities at the CRC
- Pizza lunch and entertainment provided
- Half-day participants who attend Tarkington, Twain, Field, or Whitman schools are bused from school to the CRC.
Winter Break Camp Information Coming Soon!