Date: Event Rescheduled to Wednesday, July 31 (Originally Wednesday, June 12)
Time: 6:00 - 8:00 PM
Location: Heritage Park Playground
NOTE: EVENT HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED TO WEDNESDAY, JULY 31 (Originally Wednesday, June 12)
This summer, UNPLUG with the Wheeling Park District at Heritage Park.
Join us at Heritage Park for FREE outdoor activities and entertainment that are all about engaging with family, friends, and neighbors in beautiful outdoor surroundings. Get to know the benefits of parks and recreation close to home.
Jeani B., while her music is exhilarating and fun, it also teaches children about themselves and about the world.
More about Unplug Illinois
In 2014, the Illinois Parks and Recreation Association (IPRA) launched an initiative to develop a state-wide community awareness campaign to educate communities about the values of parks and recreation.
- Nearly one-third of high school students play video games for 3 or more hours per day (CDC).
- Young adults are two or three times more physically active when parks or recreation facilities are accessible compared with young adults thatdo not have the same opportunity (letsmove.gov).
- In children with attention disorders and in teens with behavioral disorders, contact with nature has resulted in significant improvement (University of Illinois Landscape & Human Health Lab).
- Nearly one-third of Americans are clinically obese and this number has nearly doubled since 1980 (U.S. Center for Disease Control).
- Nearly 40% of Americans do not engage in any leisure-time physical activity (U.S. National Institute of Health).
- The American Academy of Pediatrics recently found that children spend more than 7 hours per day in front of a screen (TV, computer, videogames, etc.).
Heritage Park109 Community Boulevard
Wheeling, IL 60090