The Indoor Pool will be available for lap swim, at limited capacities. Please take a few minutes to review the information below to better understand
our efforts, your responsibilities, and what to expect from your Indoor Pool experience.
If you have any questions after reviewing this information, please reach out to us at 847-465-3333.
Lap Swim Guidelines
- One swimmer per lane allowed; lane sharing is not permitted at this time.
- Lap swimmers are required to reserve a time block through the registration portal on our website.
- Each lap-swim time block is one (1) hour.
- Reservations are limited to one (1) time block per day per person.
- Time blocks are posted in two-week increments.
- Reservations must be made in advance; no “walk-up” or "day-of" reservations will be taken.
- Swimmers are required to exit the facility at the end of their time block. Failure to exit may result in the suspension of your membership.
Lap Swim Cancellations
- Reservations are nonrefundable. Refunds may be approved in the case of a medical situation and may require proof.
- Time slots with no reservation by 5:00 pm the previous day will be canceled.
- Members are able to process their own cancellations providing they are completed prior to the day of the reservation.
- Cancellation on the day of the reservation requires an email notification at least 12 hours in advance of the reservation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Face coverings are not required for guests when they are swimming, but are required in all areas of the facility, including the pool deck, inside the locker rooms and when entering or exiting the Community Recreation Center.
- Schedules and guidelines are subject to change at any time. We will do our best to update you through email and our social media channels. Please make sure your correct email is on file.
- Please bring your own water bottle. Only water bottle fillers will be available for use.
All guests are required to perform a COVID-19 self screening prior to visiting any Wheeling Park District facility. Please DO NOT come
to the Community Recreation Center if you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms or you have been exposed to COVID-19
- Loss or decrease in sense of smell
- Fever – temperature of 100 or higher
- Muscle, head or body aches
- Shortness of breath
- Cough and/or congestion
- Runny nose
- Nausea, vomiting or diarrhea
- Living in the same household as a sick person with COVID-19.
- Caring for a sick person with COVID-19.
- Being within 6-ft. of a sick person with COVID-19 for about 15 minutes
- Being in direct contact with secretions from a sick person with COVID-19.
Face Coverings Required
- You must wear a face-covering over your nose and mouth whenever not in the pool. This includes walking into the facility, in all common areas, and in the locker room.
- Staff is required to stay home if they are exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19. Additionally, we’re avoiding close contact whenever possible. Please understand our staff are providing the best experience possible given limitations.
- All staff participates in District-wide COVID-19 Prevention Training and job-specific safety training
- All employees wear face coverings/masks at their work stations and while interacting with guests
- Staff are increasing the frequency of handwashing and disinfecting of common touchpoints
- Sanitizing stations are available throughout the facility
- Staff is following cleaning protocols for public and staff areas to ensure safety, sanitation and protective measures
- Cleaning and disinfecting of premises are conducted in compliance with CDC protocols
- A detailed plan, specific to the Indoor Pool, has been developed with comprehensive disinfecting procedures
- Common areas and surfaces, that are touched by multiple people, are cleaned and disinfected frequently
- Equipment wipe stations have been set up; and spray bottles and towel stations also are available.
- Complimentary lifejackets, kickboards and buoys are available for checkout at the pool desk and are sanitized between uses
Your health is our number one priority! The COVID-19 pandemic is very serious. Please be respectful of staff and fellow patrons
at all times. Failure to follow staff directives and the guidelines set forth will result in the suspension of your privileges
until further notice. The Park District may change and update guidelines and restrictions at any time.