Parks and Facilities
The Wheeling Park District invites you to enjoy our many parks and facilities.
- Wheeling Park District Manages 20 sites on 342 acres.
- The Community Recreation Center (CRC) houses our gym, Fitness Center, the indoor pool and a variety of program and rental spaces.
- Adjacent to the CRC is the Family Aquatic Center, our award-winning outdoor waterpark.
- The newly renovated Heritage Park features a state of the art athletic complex, a bandshell, pavilion, and new walking paths throughout the Park.
- The Wheeling Park District operates Chevy Chase Country Club banquet facility and Traditions at Chevy Chase 18-hole golf course.
- During the winter months, when conditions are favorable, the outdoor ice rink at Heritage Park and at Horizon Park will be open for free public skating and hockey play.
Americans with Disabilities Act
The Wheeling Park District is committed to accessibility for individuals with disabilities and strives to provide equal participation in all programs and services. The Park District’s policy is to reasonably accommodate all qualified program applicants in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). We welcome the questions, comments, and concerns of interested community members regarding Park District ADA compliance. To arrange for auxiliary aids or accommodations enabling individuals with disabilities to participate in Park District public meetings, or to request publications in a special format (such as audio cassette or large print), contact the Park District’s ADA Coordinator, Matt Wehby, by calling 847-465-3333 or by writing Wheeling Park District, 100 Community Blvd, Wheeling, IL 60090.