3s Preschool Lead Teacher
Preschool Lead Teacher for 2023/2024 school year will supervise all classroom activities and daily routines. They will establish a nurturing relationship with the children and parents and treat them in a positive manner. They will oversee, direct, and work with the teacher assistant on daily class preparation.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate of a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education with a Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Early Childhood or closely related field preferred. Also acceptable: Associates Degree from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education in Education, Early Childhood OR Minimum three (2) years teaching experience with young children. CPR/AED certification preferred.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and objectives of preschool curriculum.
- Ability to prepare, organize, and implement creative lesson plans.
- Ability to work with an assigned teacher assistant.
- Good oral and written communication skills, ability to work with minimal supervision, solve problems, and produce work on a timely basis.
- Demonstrate initiative, dependability, good judgment, tact, leadership, and the capability to work in a positive manner with the students, their families, and other Park District staff.
Monday/Wednesday/Friday 9:00 am – 12:00 pm.
Tuesday/Thursday 9:00 am – 12:00 pm.
School year runs from September 2023 – May 2024
RATE OF PAY:
- $15.00 an hour and up, depending on experience and qualifications
- Staff receive an Individual Outdoor Pool Membership and an Individual Health & Fitness Membership (which includes use of the indoor pool) during the employment period.