Before and After School Leader
The Before and After Care Leader will assist in planning and conducting daily activities for program participants. They will prepare materials required to implement daily activity plans. Advise of needed purchase. The Before and After Care leader will provide each child with positive interactions and experiences.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- One-two years prior work experience in related field; minimum of one to two years experience with school-age children, or any equivalent combination of education, experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill in child development practices.
- Understand principles, practices, and objectives of community recreation.
- Implement innovative activities on a daily basis.
- Demonstrate ability to supervise children in a recreational setting.
- Organizational skills related to programming.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills; ability to work with minimal supervision, to solve problems and produce work on a timely basis.
- Demonstrate initiative, dependability, good judgment, tact, analytical skills, leadership, management activities, and the capability to work in a positive manner with the general public, Park District staff and Board of Commissioners.
- The hours of work shall be designated by the immediate supervisor as necessary to properly perform the duties of the job. Leaders are required to work according to program hours and school calendar. The employee shall be considered to be on duty whenever a need exists for their services. The hours would include Monday-Friday, 6:45 am – 9:00 am and/or 3:15 pm – 6:00 pm, about 15 hours per week.
RATE OF PAY:
- $12.00 – $16.00 an hour
- Choice of an Individual Outdoor Pool Membership OR Individual Health & Fitness Membership during the employment period.