Full Time Facility Maintenance Specialist
The Facility Maintenance Specialist serves the Community Recreation Center, Chevy Chase Country Club, Heritage Park Sports Complex, and Family Aquatic Center. Responsibilities include conducting general maintenance, custodial, and room setups/teardowns of the facilities. Ensures that all support and service is conducted and fulfilled in a manner consistent with the goals and objectives of the Wheeling Park District.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School graduate.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have a Illinois Drivers License
- A minimum of one (1) year experience in related field of custodial, property and facility maintenance and repairs or any equivalent combination of education, experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill of custodial maintenance tasks required in a multi-use facility.
- Knowledge of equipment and tools used in custodial activities; skill in making minor repairs and adjustments to facility equipment.
- Demonstrate initiative, dependability, good judgment, tact and capability to work in a positive manner with general public, staff and Board of Commissioners.
- Able to work and complete assignments with minimal supervision.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
- First shift: Tues – Sat from 5:00 am to 1:00 pm or Second shift: Tues – Sat 3:00 pm – 11:00 pm
- The employee shall be considered to be on duty whenever a need exists for their services.
- This position will require shift work to include weekday nights and weekend hours that will vary depending on the season and workload.
RATE OF PAY:
- $19.00 – $21.50 per hour (FLSA non-exempt)