Do you want to be part of a high-energy, fast-paced Fitness Center? The Wheeling Park District is seeking positive and energetic individuals with an interest in Fitness to serve as a Fitness Attendant. Weekday early AM’s, nights and weekends shifts are available. Ideal candidates are customer service orientated and have a genuine interest in serving the community as well as Fitness. Applicants must be at least 18 years old and be available evenings and weekends. Must be available to work at least 2 shifts per week – preference will be granted to candidates who are able to work more often.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills; ability to work with minimal supervision, to solve problems and produce work on a timely basis.
- Demonstrate initiative, dependability, good judgment, tact, analytical skills, leadership, and the ability to work in a positive manner with the general public, Park District staff and Board of Commissioners.
- Ability to deal with guests and staff diplomatically, handle conflict appropriately and answer questions regarding the Health & Fitness operations.
- Ability to exercise good judgment.
- Must maintain a current CPR and AED certification
- General computer skills. Such as Word, Excel, and RecTrac software
- Flexible schedule; various shifts on weekdays and weekends as designated by Assistant Wellness Manager or Wellness Manager as necessary
RATE OF PAY:
- $13.00 – $14.00 per hour