Group Exercise Instructor – Yoga
Instruct group fitness classes to the guests in safe, effective and fun manner. Responsible for ensuring guests have an enjoyable experience and that they have been scanned for class.
- Ability to consistently perform maturely to maintain a favorable public image.
- Physical ability and endurance to perform the job.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Maintain positive, enthusiastic attitude at all times.
- Must be able to relate to and work well with staff, guests, and co-workers.
- Must have a complete and up-to-date understanding of fitness skills for the levels being taught.
- Arrive at least 10 minutes early to set up classroom, greet participants and members.
- Create and maintain motivating, fun, effective and safe workout in the group setting each class.
- Must attend and actively participate in continuous education courses, conferences, seminars, etc to ensure the most up-to-date and effective training and instructing strategies are being applied.
- Ensure all participants have been scanned and paid to enter class.
- Must be able to teach various levels and styles of fitness instruction.
- Must find coverage and inform Wellness Mangers of the change in the schedule when unable to teach a scheduled class.
- Must maintain a minimum of eight people in each class being taught.
- Performs the job safely and in compliance with Park District policies, procedures, work and safety rules.
- Supports and exhibits the established organizational values of respect, communication, integrity, innovation, recognition, continuous learning, fun, empowerment and people.
- Work as scheduled.
- Supervise and instruct fitness classes as scheduled in order that all Wheeling Park District standards are adhered to.
- Complete appropriate forms and reports for individual students, as applicable.
- Ensure all class participants have been scanned and have paid to enter the class.
- Enforce all rules and regulations as indicated in manual or any other rules as assigned by the manager on duty.
- Maintain a high level of readiness and be prepared to handle any emergency situations.
- Have a total working and functional knowledge of safety, rescue, and first aid equipment located at the CRC.
- Attend and be held accountable for all information presented at all mandatory staff meetings.
- Required to attend in-service staff training reviewing operating procedures and changes as scheduled.
- Perform other duties or special projects as assigned by a Supervisor.
- Weekday Mornings – Varies depending on session dates/times/days.
RATE OF PAY:
- $20.00 – $30.00 per hour
- PT Staff have the choice of an Individual Outdoor Pool Membership OR Individual Health & Fitness Membership (which includes use of the indoor pool) during the employment period.