A Lifeguard is responsible for surveying a body of water and conducting rescues to help weak or injured swimmers get to safety. Their duties include speaking with swimmers to enforce swimming rules keeping track of each swimmer in the water and administering first aid to injured swimmers.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- The minimum age for Lifeguards is 15 years of age. Applicants who are under 16 years of age, must provide a valid work permit by the first day of work. The ideal candidate will be mature, responsible and have a great attitude. The candidate should enjoy working with people and have the ability to effectively communicate with children and adults.
- No prior experience or training is required. Wheeling Park District will train and certify all lifeguards in the International Lifeguard Training Program (Ellis & Associates).
- The Family Aquatic Center season is May 28 through mid-August daily from 10:00 am-7:00 pm
- Hours are Sunday through Saturday with a combination of day time, afternoon, and evening weekday and weekend hours
- Shifts vary depending on staff availability
- Typically, staff receive 10 – 35 hours a week
RATE OF PAY:
- $12.50/hour and up depending on experience
- Choice of an Individual Outdoor Pool Membership OR Individual Health & Fitness Membership during employment period.