Park Associate Landscape
The Seasonal Park Associate is responsible for daily upkeep of the parks, working with assigned team leader.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Prefer High School Graduate, experience and or knowledge in related field of property and facility maintenance and repairs.
- Knowledge of landscape and grounds maintenance tools, equipment, shop, and field practices.
- Operates hand and power tools.
- Cleans, provides preventative maintenance, and simple repairs of maintenance equipment.
- Plants trees, shrubs, flowers, and installs retaining walls, and other landscape materials.
- Performs custodial cleaning, grass mowing, and general park and building maintenance and construction.
- Performs the job safely and in compliance with Park District Employee Manual, policies, procedures, work and safety rules. Supports & exhibits the established organizational values of respect, communication, integrity, innovation, recognition, continuous learning, fun, empowerment and people.
- Should be in good physical condition and have sufficient strength to do minimal amount of lifting. Demonstrate initiative, dependability, punctuality and ability to complete assigned tasks in a timely positive manner. Must be able to take direction from Parks Crew Leader and work cooperatively with Park staff.
- The normal workweek shall be designated by the Superintendent of Park and Facility Maintenance as necessary to properly perform the duties of the job. The position requires 32-40 hours per week between the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, through the end of August. The schedule is flexible and may require some Saturdays and Sundays.
RATE OF PAY:
- $16.00 – $18.00 per hour