Park Attendants are responsible for the essential functions as described in this Job Description. Parks Attendants perform a variety of services for Park District staff and guests including the following major functions; community relations, external and internal guest services, and basic park safety and security inspections and requesting guest ordinance compliance
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School graduate, college credit in law enforcement or criminal justice from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education and/or experience in security position is preferred.
- Ability to walk, bike or drive to and in park locations for up to 8 hours per shift.
- Good judgment and conflict resolution skills in confrontational situations.
- Well established interpersonal skills as it relates to answering questions and providing guest services.
- Valid Illinois Driver’s License.
- Valid First Aid and CPR certification or ability to obtain certification within 30 days.
- Valid BASSET/TIPS certification or ability to obtain certification within 30 days.
Hours will include a mix of week day and weekend, nights, and holidays.
RATE OF PAY:
$13 – $14 Depending on Experience
Choice of an Individual Outdoor Pool Membership OR Individual Health & Fitness Membership (which includes use of the indoor pool) during the employment period.