Park Attendants are responsible for the essential functions as described in this Job Description. Parks Attendants perform a variety of services for Park District staff and guests including the following major functions; community relations, external and internal guest services, and basic park safety and security inspections and requesting guest ordinance compliance
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School graduate, experience in customer relations preferred, college credit in law enforcement or criminal justice from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education and/or experience in security position is preferred.
- Ability to walk, bike or drive to and in park locations for up to 8 hours per shift.
- Good judgment and conflict resolution skills in confrontational situations.
- Well established interpersonal skills as it relates to answering questions and providing guest services.
- Valid Illinois Driver’s License.
- Valid First Aid and CPR certification or ability to obtain certification within 30 days.
- Valid BASSET/TIPS certification or ability to obtain certification within 30 days.
- Demonstrates Park District organizational values of respect, communication, integrity, innovation, respect and appreciation, continuous learning, fun, empowerment and people.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision to solve problems and produce work on a timely basis.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Demonstrate consistent attendance and on-time arrival.
Hours will include a mix of week day and weekend, nights, and summer holidays.
RATE OF PAY:
$14.00 – $15.00 Depending on Experience
- Individual Outdoor Pool Membership
- Individual Health & Fitness Membership