EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Currently attending High School or High School graduate preferred.
- CPR/AED certification preferred.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills; ability to work with minimal supervision, to solve problems and produce work on a timely basis.
- Demonstrated initiative, dependability, good judgment, tact, analytical skills, leadership, and the ability to work in a positive manner with the general public, Park District staff and Board of Commissioners.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Quality customer service, working with groups of all ages (youth and adults).
- Arrive in advance of activities in order to open/close, and prepare gym/facility for PickleBall or other programs. This includes setting up nets, preparing courts, and providing balls/paddles, or other needed equipment.
- Collect cash and/or gym punch cards. Being visible at all times in WPD-approved uniform.
- Answer questions, promote positive community relations, and represent the Wheeling Park District to various athletic user groups.
RATE OF PAY:
- $14.00 – $16.00 per hour
Choice of an Individual Outdoor Pool Membership OR Individual Health & Fitness Membership during the employment period.