Wellness Membership Manager
The Wellness Membership Manager is responsible for overseeing front desk staff and operations along with overseeing the entire membership process: data entry; collections/NSF, installment billings, refunds, membership issues as well as interacting with club members directly and resolving billing issues. Accountable for training front desk employees on the process of selling memberships using RecTrac; working closely with the administration team on final billing collections, and assuring all memberships are secured and monthly billing and collections are completed in a timely, accurate manner. Supervisory responsibility for several part time fitness desk staff. The Manager is under the direct supervision of the Wellness Manager but is granted opportunities for independent supervision.
Education & Experience:
- Graduate of a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation, Fitness Management, Business Administration or closely related field; a minimum of three (3) years of full-time relevant experience and supervisory experience with emphasis on providing excellent guest service and sales, or any equivalent combination of education, experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities will be accepted. Previous experience in staff supervision.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in managing a health and fitness facility.
- Understanding and working knowledge of best business principles, practices, and objectives of revenue generating fitness operations, and community recreation.
- Supervisory experience required. Must possess the ability to hire, organize, direct and lead the work of subordinate employees for program responsibilities.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills; ability to work with minimal supervision, to solve problems and produce work on a timely basis.
- Demonstrated initiative, dependability, professionalism, resourcefulness, and management skills with the ability to work in a positive manner with the general public, Park District staff and Board of Commissioners.
- Must able to read, write and speak in English. Bi-lingual a plus.
- CPR/AED certification.
- Valid Illinois driver’s license required.
The employee shall be considered to be on duty whenever a need exists for their services. This will require non-traditional work hours that will vary depending on the season and workload.
RATE OF PAY:
$50,000 -$55,000 DOQ (dependent on qualifications).