Pool General Guidelines
Admission to the pool shall be refused to all persons having contagious diseases, infectious conditions such as colds, fever, ringworm, foot infections, skin lesions, diarrhea, vomiting, inflamed eyes, ear discharges, or any other condition which has the appearance of being infectious. Persons with excessive sunburn, abrasions that have not healed, adhesive tape, rubber bandages or bandages of any kind also shall be refused admittance.
- A person under the influence of alcohol or drugs exhibiting erratic behavior is not permitted in the pool area.
- Pool water is not suitable for drinking. Avoid swallowing pool water.
- Littering is prohibited. In addition, no food, drink, gum or tobacco is allowed other than in specially designated and controlled sections of the pool.
- Glass containers are prohibited.
- All persons are encouraged to take a shower before entering the pool area.
- Personal conduct within the pool facility must be such that the safety of self and others is not jeopardized. With the exception of supervised water sports, running and boisterous or rough play is not permitted.
- Only clean footwear is permited. Baby strollers and wheelchairs are allowed.
- Spitting, spouting water, blowing the nose or otherwise introducing contaminants into the pool is not permitted.
- Glass, soap or other materials that may cause hazardous conditions or interfere with efficient pool operation are not be permitted in the pool or on the pool deck.
- Only clean swimsuit apparel is allowed in the pool. Street clothes are not allowed.
- Children who are not toilet trained must wear tightly-fitted rubber pants or swim diapers.
- Diving in water less than five feet deep is not permitted. Exceptions for competitive swimming/training may be allowed. Exercise caution when using diving facilities.
- Swimming is prohibited when lightning is present including a 30-minute period after lightning was last observed.
- Lifeguards are responsible for enforcing safety rules and responding to emergencies. Parents/guardians should supervise their children. No one should swim alone.
- The Following Items are NOT Allowed at the Family Aquatic Center
- Outside Food or Drink (except bottled water)
- Coolers (except for FAC Birthday Parties)
Pool management has the authority to implement and enforce rules that are more stringent or that supplement those listed here.