Indoor Pool Swim Instructor
The Wheeling Park District is looking to add swimmers who are interested in sharing their knowledge and passion for swimming! The ideal candidate will be disciplined in the sport of swimming and work well with the general public. Bring your swimming skills to the Wheeling Park District and make a difference while teaching someone how to swim!
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- The minimum age for a swim instructor is 15 years of age. Applicants who are under 16 years of age, must provide a valid work permit by the first day of work. The ideal candidate will be mature, responsible and have a great attitude. The candidate should want to share their knowledge and passion for swimming.
- Prior experience working with children and with the sport of swimming is preferred, but not required.
- The Indoor Pool is open year-round
- Hours are Sunday through Saturday with a combination of weekday evening and weekend morning hours
- Shifts vary depending on staff availability
- Typically, staff receive 10-20 hours a week
RATE OF PAY:
- $12.00 per hour and up depending on experience
- Choice of an Individual Outdoor Pool Membership OR Individual Health & Fitness Membership during the employment period.